Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day Three Check In

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!

Today I found this website from an old Biggest Loser Alum. If you remember Shay, she did BL couples when they brought Danny back and he became her partner after not knowing each other for a single day. She was the biggest woman to compete at the time, I am not sure if that still holds but her story was amazingly powerful. Apparently, she slipped once she went home and she wrote about it HERE. I highly recommend you check it out. It is extremely inspiring to see someone who has slid and is working hard to get back to basics. Especially for someone who has begun this battle before. And I have been successful before too. I just slipped a little bit. And now here I am at this amazing beginning again.

As you might be able to tell, I am feeling great today. Which is actually quite surprising. Our mustang battery went "CA=PUT" this morning. FAIL. Oh and Sydney was already loaded up, strapped into the carseat, with all of our items already packed in the front seat. EPIC FAIL. Oh and this morning winter decided to join us and all of a sudden it was 30 degrees. BOO. But I am determined to not let the negative events that occur in life impact me more than they should. Obviously, there will be down days but they don't have to ruin the whole day. So moving on...

Physically, I felt pretty good today too. I don't think that I was perfect though. I had a very busy morning and that meant that I missed my AM snack. So after a shake for breakfast and a shake and kiwi for lunch. Then I had 2 hard-boiled eggs. OMG I forgot how much I love hard-boiled eggs.  Then I had an apple and a handful of nuts around 4 oclock. I did very well with the mixed nuts but let me tell you---I almost lost it here. I knew that I needed to be careful going into it. I did not let myself leave the cannister out where I could grab it again. I put them in a bowl (it was literally like 10 mixed nuts) and put the cannister away. After I was done...I wanted more. But that was the normal status quo of PRE-2012 Emily behavior. Why not? I was at work, processing, not needing to use my voice...they are healthy right? WRONG. Not in the amounts that I would probably eat. So they stayed away and I guzzled down some water. Emily 1 Snacking 0. muah ha ha ha ha

So tonight it will obviously come across that I am a huge Biggest Loser supporter. Tonight was the season premiere. My thoughts so far? I hate the first episode when they always send someone home like before they even get to workout. I am starting to enjoy Dolvette, and am happy that they left Anna K at home to play tennis. I feel a natural pull to cheer for the girl named Emily (I know its stupid). But one difference I am seeing today in my attitude? Instead of looking at these people in awe or laying here feeling sorry for myself...it is actually motivating me even more. Almost like there is this battle that we are all in together. Our whole house is checking in for battle as well. Dad wants to lose weight, Cory wants to lose weight, I am in it for the long run. I need to lose the most, but I feel good knowing that we are all working on the same thing. Over the course of time, we may work on it in different ways, but we are there. (Mom-don't think that I am not thinking about you too! ;) holleerrrrrrr)

So all in all, today was a good day. I have decided that this week I am going to concentrate on getting used to the routine of the food (shakes, food, etc) and then come up with a schedule and a plan for the physical activity. And then starting Sunday I will put the schedule into place. If I throw something in before that...great. But if not? I am not going to make myself feel bad about it. After all...

No comments:

Post a Comment