Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Sunday, October 2, 2011

ABC's of Me!

So I am borrowing this post from a friend of mine that I went to high school with and see from time to time because our families have season tickets right near each other for the Admirals games. I think that she is a great girl and I am so excited that she is doing so well. Her and her husband are expecting their first little miracle on Feb 1, 2012 and that is extremely exciting. I get excited for ANYONE that I know that is getting ready to head into this amazing journey called motherhood. It is always a learning process, but it is the most exciting learning process! Anyways...you can check out her blog HERE. It is much more interesting than mine...I can promise you that. But here is my post for the day :)

ABC's of ME!

A. Age: 25 and I know that is not old, but I feel like that should say 30 with everything we have been through! Although, I will admit that most of it is self inflicted.
B. Bed size: Queen--We have slept in a full though for a time period when we were living with my mom. Until I was about 5 months pregnant, Couldn't have ended at a better time!
C. Chore that you hate: I think that EVERY woman would say Folding Laundry! But its followed closely behind by cleaning bathrooms, doing dishes, washing bottles, must I go on?
D. Dogs: Not ours specifically but right now we are living with my Dad and his long-time girlfriend so we have 2 dogs right now. 2 jack russells Izzy and Henry. They are only here when Christy is here and not in Florida at their second house. We miss them a bunch when they are gone and they are Sydney's little buddies when they want to be ;)
E. Essential start to your day: Running to the shower to get my shower in QUICK! I am not known for my punctuality and having to get a toddler ready too only compounds that problem.
F. Favorite color: This shouldnt be such a hard question but I really have many. My favorite combinations are pink and brown or brown and turquoise. They just go so well together.
G. Gold or Silver: Silver, all day long!
H. Height: 5'8" ... I still wish I was shorter...
I. Instruments you play: I was never one for instruments, but I did chorus and show choir for the most part in school (quit in 11th grade---stupidest choice I ever made)
J. Job title: I guess my title is Sr. Client Service Representative and tomorrow starts Customer Service Appreciation Week!! Thank all of the customer service reps you speak with this week if they provide you with great service! You may be a pleasure to speak with, but not everyone is like you so you can make someone's day by just thanking them and being patient with us too!
K. Kids: 15 month old Sydney Ann, and maybe another one in a few years, but we want to be able to put full attention to Sydney through all the years that she needs us the most! Plus they are expensive!
L. Live: Virginia Beach, VA
M. Mother’s name: Melinda, but if you call her that she will choke you...so call her Mindy
N. Nicknames: Em (real creative, I know)
O. Overnight hospital stays: Maybe when I was 6 and had tubes in my ears? Also, when Sydney was born we had a 2 night stay after my C-section. But I should have stayed longer, I was so anxious to get home and should have used the hospital time to my advantage to get more comfortable.
P. Pet peeves: People who don't say words right or say them "weird": Examples, INTformation, FUStrated, Biness (for business), benefisheraries
Q. Quote from a movie: I don't really remember them
R. Right or left handed: Right
S. Siblings: Oh brother, 2 half brothers: Billy (15) and Brett (29). 2 step sisters: Kara (27) and Megan (26). 3 brother in laws: Colton, Chad, and Philip and 2 sisters in law: Leslie and Lisa
T. Time you wake up: I should wake up at 6, but historically I wake up (late) at 6:45. Sydney also wakes up at 6:45 on the weekend.
U. Underwear: no comment...my parents read this blog!
V. Vegetable you hate: green peppers...they give me SUCH bad heartburn!
W. What makes you run late: Life...we have had this conversation already.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, wrist, back, chest, should have had my nose because it was definitely broken. Now with an MRI I have the proof (its still crooked).
Y. Yummy food that you make: I am not very good at cooking. But my husband loves my pizzas.
Z. Zoo animal: Ummmm..... I think the Tigers are pretty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment