Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Monday, September 26, 2011

So Many Updates...So Little Time

Hope this post finds you all happy, healthy, and ready for fall. I know I sure am! Where is fall? It was here for a few days and then disappeared. And what we have been left with is this horrible humidity and rain. It is miserable! And would you believe that they say the wildfire in the Dismal Swamp is still burning after all of the rain that we have had? I don't believe them. But I digress.

Anyone up for a random Sydney picture? She looks like such a big girl in this picture:


I don't even know where to start here, so much has happened in the last month or so since my last post. Cory started school at St Leo. "Just Cory?" you may ask. Yes, just Cory. We (I) made the tough decision to postpone my graduate school. I was a lot more upset about it than I let on, but there were quite a few factors leading up to it but the biggest factor was money. Isn't it always? I was insanely worried about the time factor. I have so much respect for women who juggle multiple children and still have time to fit in school. I have a hard time finding the energy for my 40 hour workweek and the one beautiful daughter that I have. Anything that does not have to do with her already has to wait until 8. But the biggest factor being the money was where the decision truly lied. I know that when I go back to school, it will be well worth the effort and the cost. However, at this time, it is impossible for us to pay for my school without putting ourselves in debt. I should say more debt. We are working so hard these days to set ourselves up for the future. I cannot put ourselves in jeopardy of our final goals to rush into this. But my day will come. And when it does I will know that I am going into it at the right time.

Another random Sydney picture from today. We are having a problem with dinner time that I will touch on later so we got this to hopefully alleviate some of the problems:



Speaking of work though, I do have an exciting announcement related to work. I applied for and was chosen for a 2 year rotation in a different area of the department that I work in. Basically I will be doing my regular job 2 days of the week and the other 3 days I will be doing a whole host of different job tasks that I have not been exposed to before. SO EXCITING. For those of you who do not know too much about my work. I am a Shareholder Account Representative for a mutual fund company. One of the best mutual fund companies in the world, I should add. But there has been a ton of reorganization and changes in my company since 2008 when I joined the company. The company completely changed its outlook. The outlook on development has been transformed 180 degrees. What that means is that for someone like me who came in in the 11th hour before all you know what broke loose, the "extra" opportunities are very rare and therefore very selective. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I feel blessed every single day to wake up and know that I am going to a steady and dependable job. But this opportunity is an amazing chance for me to jump in, head first to something completely different. It is more than exciting for me so I will take every blessing that I can get. Not to mention the excitement that I am feeling about getting to explore a new challenge. Can you tell I am excited? So I do agree that when one door closes (for a moment), another one opens. Whoooo hoooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment