Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Monday, September 26, 2011

All About Sydney...

Lets be honest with ourselves...everything is all about Sydney in some way, shape, or form. But now this blog is really all about Sydney. I am just amazed everyday at how much love she brings into my heart. You almost can't even stand it, ha ha.
Our little smarty pants is learning so much these days. It has made me sooooooo happy and reassured that we moved her from our in-home daycare to Great Bridge Kids Academy. I love that we had that experience though and we do feel that the nurturing that she got there was amazing for her development. Babies need something different at every age and she needed the in-home care. I would not change for a second the way that we did things. We were a bit concerned after we experienced a repeated biting offender in our first few weeks at GBKA. But after the third bite, the child was expelled from the center. Expelled from daycare at the age of 1?! I know...horrifying. I will not say anything about the little boy or his family because I have no idea the situation so I cannot comment on a single thing. We have all moved past.


The important and exciting thing is that our little bug is blossoming into a full fledged toddler. We are in FULL walking mode. Some attempts at running and MANY attempts at climbing. We are even successfully climbing sometimes. Our favorite toys are books.... I remember there was a time when I was so frustrated that Sydney would not even remotely sit still to read a book. Now she is constantly playing with them and saying "boo! boo!" which is her form of "book" right now. We are having fun with lots of different words right now. "boo" (book), "bye" (which is accompanied by a wave and a shake of the baby gate after dragging her Little Gym bag to it), "daw" (dog), "ma-ma", "da-da", "caaaaaa" (cat). She will try more words as well so we are also working on "lellow" (yellow) and "pur-pa" (purple) and many other words that I can't think of right now. We are also signing "more" "gym" (for little gym) "all done" and now "eat". She learned "eat" from one of the wonderful teachers at GBKA. Sydney started to do the sign for it yesterday at the house and we were trying to figure out what she meant by it. Then today we were talking about it and the teacher said well I said it to her a few times last week and there it was...she just learns so quick! It is amazing. We work on animal sounds too so Sydney barks, roars, hoos (like an owl), moos, and even quacks!

I have mentioned Little Gym a couple of times up there and if you haven't heard of it you are MISSING OUT! It is amazing. They start parent and child classes at 4 months and we have been going since Sydney was 10 months. They work on a lot of the benchmark development classes and it is a ton of fun. They get to play on a bunch of gymnastics equipment and it helps with all of their development. Once the children are older they have dance, gymnastics, karate, and sports classes. I am sure that, if we are still in the area, we will take advantage of them for the beginning of Sydney's extracurriculars. If we are out of this area, we will try to find a Little Gym in our new area or we will find something just like it. They also have the smallest and cutest little leotards...aren't they cute? ha ha


Oh and the eating habits of a toddler...drive me crazy. I have read that the more active the toddler, the less calories they will take in. Although it doesn't make any sense to me, it would prove to be right if my daughter is "normal". She just has such sporadic eating habits. Last night she ate the chicken that I made for dinner. I was AMAZED. Tonight, she didn't want anything to do with it. There was a time period where she would eat green beans with no problem. Now she wont touch them. But I offer them every night. But I waste a lot of food due to the indecisive nature of my sunshine. It will work itself out though, I just have to have patience and keep offering the good stuff. She will eat when she is hungry. Hopefully I can get her to be hungry for the healthy :)

And I leave you tonight with her "no more pictures mommy" pose. It was rainy this day and she was not in a really great mood...can you tell??? Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment