Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Monday, September 26, 2011

Weight Loss Struggles...

I don't know how many people relate to me when I say... Man oh Man is losing weight and staying motivated a tough act to keep up.

Eating healthy is not so hard for me. I feel that I have this one pretty well controlled. But my issue is the snacky feeling. This should hopefully be helped when I move into my new position. I tend to get snacky when things are...for a lack of a better word...boring. The middle of the weekday snacking is a killer.

Working out is the hardest thing to get motivated to do. My bestie Bridget and I have recently started to use our groupon for Jim White Fitness that we are cashing in for mostly Zumba classes. They are SO MUCH fun. This love for Zumba actually has me considering a membership to a local gym. Figure with the price that I would pay for just classes, I can just get a membership and have more than enough benefits and access. But working out is sooooooo hard to get into for me. Especially right now when the mere thought about how I look working out repulses me. Isn't that a double edged sword? I am disgusted by what I have allowed myself to look like. When I was a teenager, I kid you not, I thought I was HUGE. If that teenager could look forward to this 25 year old...she would cherish and maintain the look she had then. And I do WANT with everything I have to be athletic again. Who doesn't? But I finally get the struggle. It's EMBARRASSING. Who wants to be the fat girl in a fitness class? But at the same time...you cannot get from point A to point B. And its amazingly humbling. So everyday is a step in the journey. Every day a choice has to be made. I will admit that the choices are insanely difficult. Especially because the second 8PM hits and Sydney goes to bed...this mommy is beat!

Does anyone else find that the more someone tries to help you with something that you are challenged with, the more frustrated with it that you get? I have learned that I have to be patient and not be offended when people are only trying to help me. Those of us who are independent hate that we might need help or that someone may think that they need to help us. I may need to accept help every now and then but its hard. Plus I feel that with something like this, you need to take care of yourself because no one else can actually take care of you. So I am working, and its an everyday process.

P.S. I should say a special Happy Anniversary today to my wonderful Hubby of 2 years. It has not been an easy road and we are still working every day at our "system" but I love you even more everyday. Even though you don't like taking pictures with me anymore ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment