Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mommies out there!!! Yesterday, we spent a fantastic day with my Mom and it was a great time for us girls to get to spend the day together.

Today was an interesting Mother's Day. I intended to get on here tonight and blog about the irony in my Mother's Day. Because it was very "motherly". I spent the day doing my normal Sunday activities, womp womp womp. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, etc. And it was just me and my girl. Cory spent the day at my Mom's house working and my Dad was actually at work. So obviously not just a relaxing day. So I was going to be ironic and joke around about the normality of the day....

But then my normal bedtime routine with Sydney happened. And so while we rocked, which is our normal nightly routine, I thanked her for my presents that they made at school this week. Because I really do love everything that they made and I can't wait to take it to put up at work. But then I just started talking to her about how much I love her. It was quiet and she was just laying there listening to me...and then my emotions got the best of me. She is just so truly amazing and being her "Mama" is the best thing that I could ever be. Forget every title that I have ever had or ever will have. "Mommy" is the best job that I could ever have. It just blows my mind. I just told her how amazing she is, how smart she is, how beautiful she is, how special she is. How much I absolutely love being her Mommy and how proud I am of her and how great she is. She really does blow my mind. So that part of my day won over. I had the best Mother's Day ever. Because not only was it a day for Sydney and Cory to thank me for what I do for them, but it was a day for me to sit back and look at how amazingly lucky I am to be a mother. So I hope you mommies got the chance to sit back and do the same....and may every day be Mother's Day for us all :)


2 comments:

  1. Emily! I just stumbled upon your comment from waaay back right after Ev was born on my blog... (I may have been reading posts from right after she was born because Mother's Day made me emotional too - maybe.) ...and so I clicked on your name and here is YOUR blog!

    I have been scrolling through and you look so happy! Your girls are adorable. Congrats on your beautiful family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney!! I have to check your blog daily for my "fellow Mommy" fix. I was so relieved to see that I was not the only one that was overcome with emotions on Mother's Day! I love looking at pictures of Ev! She is such a perfect combination of the two of you! I can't decide on who I think she looks like more, beautiful! Congrats to you too on everything, you guys look like you are doing amazing!

      Delete