Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Time...

Today I did something that I NEVER do... Well I should rephrase...Today I did something that I have never had the OPPORTUNITY to do.

Truth be told...I have really been feeling crappy for about 2 weeks now. I have very poor drainage in my sinuses because of crazy inflammation from allergies and really bad ears in terms of drainage (and hearing) so sicknesses just tend to stick with me for longer. For the last few days this week I have been in training and haven't been able to take any sick time and for the next 5 weeks or so I will be in training and then after that we are in the thick of tax season. So I chose today as the last available day that I had to try to get better. So I did it...I called in sick to work.

*sigh* It has been so nice.

Cory got me a gift card for a massage/mani/spa pedi package at Knuckles N Knots for Christmas and I used it today. Yes you heard that right. Not only did I call in sick today to try to get better, but I furthered that goal by going and pampering myself. Hold the mother freakin' presses. lol. And I don't feel bad about it either.

I also came home and spied on my baby girl, because I can't access her daycare's cameras at work.

I also worked on invitations to my bestie's "thing" that we are putting together for right before her wedding (it is neither a bridal shower or a bachelorette party). They are super cute and I am hoping to send them out...today.

Other than that...I am resisting (and it is very hard to resist) the urge to do something productive. I have a mental list of things that would be perfect to get done. And I am not doing a single one of them. Part of resistance was writing this blog. It definitely helped. Everyone should take advantage and have one of these days. It is very good for the soul. And I am even thinking that I am going to take a nap here soon :) Gotta be quick though. Only 2 more hours until I am back to Mommy duty.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment