Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby Boy Wright

So I am not sure if I have mentioned this before on here (shame on me if I have not) but my sister-in-law Leslie is pregnant and due to give us our second little baby on March 15th. Second baby in the group but not second grand"baby" I should say. Leslie has a 13 year old (?I think he is 13 now) son James and then Cory has Ella so we inherited some extra "babies", but Sydney and Baby Boy Wright are the first real babies during our time. Leslie and Brett got married in September of 2010 and I could not be more excited that they are about to welcome BBW in about a month. I will be abbreviating him as BBW since they do not yet have a name chosen for him. Again, I am so excited to have a little baby nephew and to watch my brother experience the amazing feelings that come along with the beginning stages of parenthood. His experience will be different because he already IS a parent. He is a GREAT parent to James so every knows of course that he will be fantastic, but now he gets to experience all of the joy from the start.

Thinking about him getting to this stage, and the very brief conversations that I have had with him, I am remembering all of the anxiety that comes along with that 1 month to go feeling. But nonetheless, I know that the anxiety is always that much worse than how it turns out. It always works so much better than you worry it will once that little joy is in your arms.

This weekend was Leslie's shower and since they are in Madison, WI and we are in VA...I wasn't able to be there. But my mom was able to book a ticket about 2 weeks ago so that she could *surprise* Brett and Leslie by showing up today. I wish that I could have seen that. I love surprises. Other people's surprises always make me cry and I definitely would have cried to be able to see this. Brett and I pulled off the ultimate surprise about 6 (wow) years ago when we flew him in from CA to surprise my mom at her college graduation ceremony. It was amazing ha ha. So I can only imagine how amazing this was. Anyways, I have stolen a few pictures from other people from yesterday already so I will do a slight photo drop here just for my own enjoyment.

 I love this stinking picture LOL
Sue, my Grammie, Leslie, and my Mom
 Add one hairy Wright ha ha
 Adorable cake!
At the risk of sounding creepy...I want to rub that bump!!! I will honestly say that I refuse to be the random person that tries to touch people's bumps but for family---they would not be so safe ha ha

I am also pretty sure that no one reads my blog so I have no problems posting this next picture. We all know my resolution to be more creative this year. So the idea of cross stitching came up and although Cory is giving me a hard time about it, I am jumping in. In addition to sending some necessities up to Brett and Leslie before BBW comes, I am going to start this piece for them. I will have to wait until he comes to finish it obviously but I am pretty excited for it to get here this week so I can start. Have I ever mentioned my love for Amazon?


No comments:

Post a Comment