Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Wonderful World of Golf...

Confession... I am the worst "golfer" in the entire world. BUT, what I will say is that I am working on this new skill. I really do want to get into the game and truly enjoy it for everything that it is. I also would like to be good at something athletic LOL. I have not had much success in this in my life to date. For all reasons that are my own fault, which means that I will have to put in work to get to a good point with golf. Regardless, this is something that most of all---I would like to be able to enjoy a round of golf with Cory and my Dad. My Dad has golfed for years and he just recently purchased Cory a set of clubs for his birthday and they have been working on Cory's game ever since. Now it is my turn...

The most exciting part of this golfing adventure? My grandmother had a set of golf clubs that she owned and when she passed away, somehow my Dad gained possession of them and got them down to Virginia. For those of you who do not know, I worshipped the ground that my Grandmother walked on. In the years before she passed, I was in my stubborn teenage years, so I did not truly show her how much she meant to me. Every memory that I have of her is practically outlined in gold and cherished dearly. Now that I am enjoying the game of golf, I have started to use her golf clubs and that is truly touching to me. Cheesy?? I am sure it is, but that is how I look at it. The one piece of trouble with this? We were not exactly the same height, lol. But I am using what I can.

One comedic side note??? I will never take this set of clubs out in public before first getting a new bag with club covers..... you have to check these out! No question about what decade these clubs were bought during... ha ha ha!!! 

So hilarious... but not as funny as the video you are about to see. Cory and I went to the driving range last Sunday and took Sydney with us for the first time. I should also remind you that it was only my second time ever going on the range. So it is a horrible video to see of myself. I miss the ball, my swing looks ridiculous, I am CLEARLY an amateur. Post is that I am working on it and I am trying. Who cares how it looks. But CHECK OUT my Sydney poo! She is getting such a kick out of Mommy trying to hit the ball. and this was after 10 minutes of the same laughing. Bless her heart. It was hilarious. Please check it out and enjoy... Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment