Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to School...Back to School....

So I have an official announcement to make....

Today I got my (OFFICIAL) notifcation from St. Leo that I have been accepted to the Master's of Science program in the area of Instructional Design!!!

Couple of things...I know that doesn't seem impressive to some. I know that technically, St. Leo isn't exactly selective. But this is still a big deal for me and I am SO excited. It is still an application process and EVERYONE feels better when they get that (Yes!) answer.

I am also sure that you are wondering what it means to have a Master's in Instructional Design. To quote the website, "The dynamic online program prepares you to design, develop, implement ,and evaluate efficient and effective instructional experiences for a variety of settings, including corporate training, military, adult learning, and higher education." So I feel very optimistic that this degree will be exactly what helps me achieve my future goals in life. There are a couple of potential paths that I could take with the extra education so its refreshing to feel motivated again. This area is something that I have always been interested in. This time, its about what I want to do. No one was acting for me before, but I didnt really know what I wanted to do. I mean, no idea! Now I have an idea. And I am going for it. For once, I am just going for it and not stopping to talk myself out of it. There are a million reasons why now might not be the best time for me to start this. But honestly? This is still the best time to start it because there will probably not be a better time in the future. It will probably only get harder and harder. So from now and for the next 2 years, bear with me :). We are going to be one busy family :). Cory has also transferred from TCC to St Leo for his undergraduate program. So we are both Leo's! Very exciting events happening in the Mitchell household!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment