Welcome!

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
--Les Brown

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to School...

I LOVE school supplies... Simple as that. For whatever reason, the thought of purchasing new school supplies to help us become more organized for the new semesters and year is the most exciting part of the weekend. (That may be a slight exaggeration). However, I feel it almost necessary to also work in a little Public Service Announcement within my LOVE for school supplies. Although I need the few school supplies for starting my Master's in a few weeks...I don't need nearly the stuff that I am purchasing this weekend. I am purchasing a TON of great deals at our local Office Max, Office Depot, and Walmart. "Oh, you got the money like that huh Mrs Mitchell?" you might be asking me. "NOT IN THE LEAST", I would reply. However, when you see a deal for 1 cents for a tube of glue, or 50 cents for a 100 sheet composition notebook, you will see that really we all can be purchasing for our local school supply drives. There is nothing sadder than a local child missing out on any learning opportunity possible because he or she cannot afford the school supplies (or their parents cannot for whatever reason). So I highly recommend taking just a moment to check out your local deals and picking up even just a few school supplies for a child in need. It takes just a few minutes. And no child should miss out on the chance to learn this year...

Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment